To start primary school your child must turn five years of age, or older, by 30 April of the year that they will start school.  Before you enrol your child in a primary school, you may wish to visit a number of schools to decide on the best one for your child.  Once you have made your choice you will then be ready to enrol.

Most parents send their child to the public school closest to where they live.  In metropolitan Melbourne, the designated neighbourhood school is measured by a straight line from your permanent address.

If your child lives at multiple addresses, their permanent address is where they spend most of their weekdays.

Your child has a right to enrol in their designated neighbourhood school. This right is set out in the Education Reform Act 2006.

A small number of schools have restricted zones to respond to local population growth, but we are not one of those schools.

To find your designated neighbournood school visit the Victorian State Government 'find my school' site, click HERE to access the correct page.


We encourage all parents who are interested in our school to contact the school office on 9589 2619 and arrange a personal tour with the Principal.

Enrolment Requirements - to enrol your child we will need:

  • evidence of your child's date of birth

  • names and addresses of the child and parents, guardians and carers

  • parents' phone numbers (home, work, mobile) and email addresses

  • names and contact details of emergency contacts

  • doctor's name and phone number

  • Immunisation Status Certificate

  • health and welfare information - for example, does your child have asthma, diabetes, allergies, poor eyesight or hearing

  • specific custody arrangements

  • information about the language/s your child speaks and hears (to help the school build on your child's knowledge)

School staff will provide you with the appropriate enrolment forms and will organise an interpreter if required.

Please click on this link to download an enrolment form.....    Student Enrolment Form   complete the form and then drop it in at the office (or send it by post).